Bureau Doove is a creative research consultancy that is build on the pillars of translating and curating.
Its basic starting point is achieving the best quality of collaboration between the human and nonhuman, in all aspects of life. Within that context translating, between languages, people and disciplines, is seen as an important basis.
Bureau Doove therefore offers translation, consultancy, mentoring, copywriting, production, curatorial and research services.
It works with a selected range of artists and uses this blog to inform about their activities.
The services offered by Bureau Doove can include, but are not limited to:
– Consultancy and mentoring for projects’ or artists’ development
– Concept development for exhibitions, artist selection and management
– Project curation, creative direction, management, documentation and promotion
– Artist and project research
– Bid and application writing in Dutch and English
– Copywriting of press releases, exhibition and catalogue texts, artists’ statements in Dutch and English
– Workshops and lectures
– Translation of texts related to art, architecture and culture in general in the language pairs English-Dutch; French-Dutch; German-Dutch; Dutch-English; German-English; French-English.
Please make use of the contact form for more info and/or a quote.
BUREAU DOOVE is organised by Dr. Edith Doove, a curator, writer and researcher, specifically interested in notions of emergence and contingency, cross and transdisciplinary collaborations, inspired by the pataphysical. She started curating in 1987 in Antwerp and worked as a freelance curator and art critic in Belgium until 2010 when she moved to the UK. Since 2018 she lives and works in France, currently in Rouen where she teaches at ESADHaR Le Havre-Rouen.
She is a postdoctoral advisor with Transtechnology Research at Plymouth University where she attained her PhD in november 2017. She’s a regular contributor to Leonardo Reviews since 2010, co-convenor of Currer Bell College with Jean-Louis Vincendeau since 2019 and a member of AICA and C-E-A.
With BUREAU DOOVE Doove continues to develop a unique bespoke way of collaborating, working, with, for and alongside artists and researchers. Also visit her page on the website of Flanders Arts Institute. For her practice of drawing and image making visit her blog Everything Else.
Images: Edith Doove, Communication, Plymouth, 2017; Lee Bul, Ikon Gallery, 2014